Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Only 179 to go...

I really enjoyed the first day of school. I'm glad everyone made it & I think we're going to have a great year.

The first day went smoothly! Other than a few technology glitches in the morning, everything went well. I’m very excited about this school year. I think students are going to produce great projects, and I hope to increase the communication between parents, staff, and students.

Here’s what we went over today:

The cornerstones will be highlighted throughout the entire year. Gardener’s multiple intelligences will be called the 7Smarts. The employability traits that students will be graded on are: Work Ethic, Good Communication, Collaboration, Problem Solving & Critical Thinking, and Social Responsibility. Students will also have to incorporate technology into their daily learning.

Your son or daughter is encouraged to bring in their iPod’s or other learning devices. Over the few days, we will be looking at planning personal websites, and appropriate uses of technology.

Here's the form for Project Proposals. In some cases, student's will need parent permission to before beginning their projets:


I hope the next 179 are as fun as day 1.

No comments: